French international School in Shanghai
If you take your French kids to Shanghai – do not worry about the education opportunities they will meet in this multicultural city. The French School of Shanghai (Lycée Francais de Shanghai) is an excellent alternative for every French-speaking expat who wants his or her child to be a part of a French-speaking community.
The school is divided into two different campuses:
– One in Pudong (”other side of the river”)
– One in the Qingpu District (very close to what is called ”the city centre”)
All of the students in the school are between 3 and 18 years old, which also means that the school has a kindergarten for the youngest children. The French school is administrated by the French Government trough something called “Agency for French Teaching Abroad”. This is one of few schools that are French and government driven outside the French mainland.
Information about the school
Map and address:
Tests offered in the French School in Shanghai
Four different tests that are offered in The French School in Shanghai:
1. Cambridge Young Learners’ English Tests for primary school students
2. IGCSE – From troisième (9th grade), advanced English students have the option to prepare for the IGCSE in either English Literature and Language or English as a Second Language.
3. IELTS – Preparation classes are offered to final year students planning to apply to Anglophone universities.
4. HSK – The Hànyǔ Shuǐpíng Kǎoshì (HSK), (Chinese: 汉语水平考试), translated as Chinese Standard Exam, is China’s only standardized test of Standard Chinese language proficiency for non-native speakers such as foreign students and overseas Chinese. The test is administered by Hanban, a non-government organization affiliated with the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China. And the French School of Shanghai is a Hanban centre.